Astro is a managed software service that offers a next-generation experience for modern data teams running Apache Airflow, the open source industry standard for data orchestration.
Astro boasts a hybrid deployment model founded on a control plane hosted by Astronomer and a data plane that is hosted in your cloud environment. Both are fully managed by Astronomer. This model offers the self-service convenience of a fully managed service while respecting the need to keep data private, secure, and within corporate boundaries. This solution optimizes security and reduces operational overhead.
Beyond architecture, Astro offers a suite of first-class features that make it easy to author, run, and monitor data pipelines.
The key features of the Astro architecture include:
- Worker auto-scaling, powered by the Airflow Celery executor + KEDA.
- The ability to run multiple clusters in your organization's network on AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Astro Runtime, a collection of Docker images that provides a differentiated data orchestration experience.
- Timely support for the latest major, minor, and patch versions of the Apache Airflow open source project.
- Support for role-based access control (RBAC) and single sign-on (SSO) for secure user management and authentication.
- An observability experience that gives you insight into the health and resource consumption of your tasks and pipelines in real time.
The following diagram outlines how the control plane, data plane, and users are connected to enable these features:
Astronomer support will schedule an onboarding session for your initial install. Astronomer recommends that you review the following topics after your installation is complete:
If you have a feature request or a bug to report, contact Astronomer support. We're here to help.
To check the operational status of Astro, visit the status page. Click Subscribe to Updates and then enter your email address to receive a notification when an incident is created, updated, or resolved.