Before starting the migration, ensure that the following are true:
- You have an Astro user account and can log in to Astro.
- (Optional) You created a network connection from Astro to your external cloud resources..
- (Optional) You configured your identity provider (IdP).
On your local machine, make sure you have:
On the cloud service from which you're migrating, ensure that you have:
- A source Airflow environment on Airflow 2 or later.
- Read access to the source Airflow environment.
- Read access to any cloud storage buckets that store your DAGs.
- Read access to any source control tool that hosts your current Airflow code, such as GitHub.
- Permission to create new repositories on your source control tool.
- (Optional) Access to your secrets backend.
- (Optional) Permission to create new CI/CD pipelines.
All source Airflow environments on 1.x need to be upgraded to at least Airflow 2.0 before you can migrate them. Astronomer professional services can help you with the upgrade process.