The migration process should be completed with help from your Astronomer Data Engineer. When you meet with them, ensure that the following steps are already completed:
- Astronomer activated your installation.
- You connected your cloud resources to Astro.
- (Optional) You configured your identity provider (IdP).
On your local machine, make sure you have the following:
- An Astro account.
- The Astro CLI.
On the cloud service from which you're migrating, ensure that you have:
- A source Airflow environment on Airflow 2 or later.
- Read access to the source Airflow environment.
- Read access to any cloud storage buckets that store your DAGs.
- Read access to any source control tool that hosts your current Airflow code, such as GitHub.
- Permission to create new repositories on your source control tool.
- (Optional) Access to any secrets backend credentials.
- (Optional) Permission to create new CI/CD pipelines.
All source Airflow environments on 1.x need to be upgraded to at least Airflow 2.0 before you can migrate them. Astronomer Professional services can help you with the upgrade process.