This document includes all release notes for Astronomer Software v0.28.
This is the latest LTS long-term support (LTS) version of Astronomer Software. To upgrade to Astronomer v0.28 from v0.25+, see Upgrade to v0.28. For more information about Software release channels, read Release and Lifecycle Policies. To read release notes specifically for the Astro CLI, see Astro CLI Release Notes.
We're committed to testing all Astronomer Software versions for scale, reliability and security on Amazon EKS, Google GKE and Azure AKS. If you have any questions or an issue to report, don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Release date: June 23, 2022
- Fixed several high level CVEs
- User auth tokens for the Software UI are now stored in httpOnly cookies
- Fixed an issue where Grafana dashboards were not accessible
- Fixed an issue where a user could not log in through Azure AD SSO if the user belonged to a group without a
Release date: April 8, 2022
- Users added to Astronomer Software via an IDP group no longer need to be invited by email in order to join Astronomer.
- Teams now support Azure AD Connect sync for user groups.
- System admins can no longer remove the last user from an active Workspace or Deployment. This ensures that a given Workspace or Deployment can always be deleted by an existing member. Similarly, Workspace Admins can no longer remove a Team if doing so results in a Workspace having zero Admins.
- You can now map your IDP's groups claim to Astronomer's expected claim of
- Fixed an issue where deleted Teams did not disappear from the Software UI until you refreshed the page
- Fixed an issue where Teams were still available in the Software UI even when their underlying IDP group had been deleted from the IDP
- Fixed an issue where creating a Deployment with the default resource configuration would result in a Deployment having a Scheduler Count of 1 instead of the stated default of 2
- Fixed an issue where you could not deploy code to a Deployment that shared the release name of a previous Deployment which was hard deleted
- Fixed an issue where you could not create a Deployment with a numeric-only name in a pre-created namespace
Release date: March 17, 2022
- Fixed an issue where airgapped upgrades and installations could fail due to a mismatched Airflow Helm chart between Astronomer components
Release date: March 14, 2022
- System Admins can now update the name and description for any Workspace on their installation.
- You can now specify
remote_writeoptions for Prometheus through the Astronomer Helm chart.
- You can now configure
affinityin the STAN and NATS Helm charts.
- Fixed several CVEs
- Fixed a few issues where some buttons in the Software UI did not link to the appropriate page
- Fixed an issue where you could not install Astronomer Software 0.27 or 0.28 in an airgapped environment
- Fixed an issue where System and Workspace Admins were able to delete users that were part of an IDP team
Release date: February 22, 2022
- Fixed an issue where users could not successfully log in through Azure AD
Release date: February 15, 2022
Import Identity Provider User Groups as Teams
You now can import existing identity provider (IDP) groups into Astronomer Software as Teams, which are groups of Astronomer users that have the same set of permissions to a given Workspace or Deployment. Importing existing IDP groups as Teams enables swift onboarding to Astronomer and better control over multiple user permissions.
- Astronomer now supports
requireSSL modes for connecting to PGBouncer. You can set this SSL mode via the
global.ssl.modevalue in your
config.yamlfile. Note that in v0.28.0, this feature works only with AWS and Azure.
- You can now set Grafana environment variables using the
grafana.extraEnvVarssetting in your
- Added a new Ephemeral Storage Overwrite Gigabytes slider to the Git Sync configuration screen. You can configure this slider to allocate more memory for syncing larger Git repos.
- Added a new Sync Timeout slider to the Git Sync configuration screen. You can configure this slider to set a maximum allowed length of time for syncing a Git repo.
- Removed root user permissions for authSidecar
- Added AWS RDS certificates to list of trusted certificates
- Removed support for Kubernetes 1.18
- Fixed some confusing behavior with the Git-Sync SSH Key field in the UI
- Fixed an issue where the Astronomer platform and Airflow could not communicate in environments where inter-namespace communication is disabled
- Fixed an issue where users would frequently get 502 errors when logging in to the Astronomer UI
- Fixed an issue where users would get timeout issues when attempting to log in to an Astronomer installation on OpenShift