As an administrator or head of your team, you can use the Astro CLI to automate the management of Deployments and Workspaces. Some common actions you can automate include:
- Managing users.
- Deploying code in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Creating Deployments.
Automating actions allows your team to interact with Astro in a predictable way that improves reliability and security. For example, when you automate code deploys with CI/CD, your can have your users deploy from a source where all of their work is tracked and reviewed, such as GitHub.
This section of documentation covers how to automate processes on Astro using Astro CLI. To start automating, you'll first programmatically authenticate to Astro using an API key or token. Then, you'll write and run a script to perform your action.
Common actions to automate
- Deploy code to your Deployment using CI/CD.
- Update your Deployment using a Deployment file.
- Make a request to your Deployment using the Airflow REST API.
- Manage users, Teams, and tokens in your Workspace.
- Create preview Deployments using CI/CD.
- Perform all Deployment-level actions on any Deployment in a Workspace.