Astro offers a suite of first-class features that make it easy to author, run, and monitor Airflow DAGs.
- Worker auto-scaling, powered by the Airflow Celery executor and KEDA. See Worker queues.
- Astro Runtime, a collection of Docker images that provides a differentiated Airflow experience. See Runtime image architecture.
- Timely support for the latest major, minor, and patch versions of the Apache Airflow open source project.
- A fully managed experience for using the Kubernetes executor and KubernetesPodOperator.
- Support for role-based access control (RBAC) and single sign-on (SSO) for secure user management and authentication. See Configure an identity provider (IdP) and User permissions.
- An observability experience that gives you data lineage across your ecosystem as well as real-time insight into the health and resource consumption of your data pipelines on Astro. See Data lineage and Deployment metrics.
- A toolset for programmatically managing Airflow environments across teams and development cycles. See CI/CD and Manage Deployments as code.