Workspaces are collections of Deployments that can be accessed by a specific group of users. You can use Workspaces to group Deployments that share a business use case or environment trait. For example, you might create one Workspace that stores all of your production pipelines and another Workspace that stores all of your development pipelines.
Create a Workspace
To create a Workspace, you must have an Organization-level role.
To create a Workspace, click the Add Workspace button from the Overview tab.
During this initial setup, you can configure a Workspace's name and description. All further Workspace configuration is completed in the Workspace view.
To to enter your Workspace, click the Workspace in the Overview tab. When you click into a Workspace and see a list of that Workspace's Deployments, you are in the Workspace view of the Cloud UI. The Workspace view contains several pages for managing your Workspace which are accessible from a sidebar on the left of the screen:
- Deployments: Create new Deployments and see key metrics about existing Deployments in the Workspace. For more information, see Create a Deployment.
- DAGs: View metrics about individual DAGs across your Workspace. For more information, see Deployment metrics.
- Logs: View scheduler logs for Deployments in the Workspace. For more information, see View logs.
- Access: Manage user access to the Workspace.
- Workspace Settings: Update or delete Workspace details.
Manage Workspace Users
As a Workspace Admin, you can add or remove users from your Workspace at any time. Before adding a user, make sure that the user is an existing member of your Organization. If the user is not, invite them to Astro before following the steps below.
- In the Workspace view, go to the Access page.
- Click Add member.
- Specify the user's email and role within the Workspace. For more information about Workspace roles and permissions, see User permissions.
After adding the user, the user will see the Workspace listed on the Overview page of the Cloud UI. They will also appear as an active Workspace member in the Access tab. For more information about inviting users to Astronomer, see Add a user.
Update or Remove a Workspace User
In the Workspace view, go to the Access page.
Click the Edit button next to the user's entry in the Member table:
From here, you can either update a user's Workspace role or remove the user from the Workspace.
Update a Workspace
To update a Workspace's name or description, go to the Workspace Settings page in the Workspace view. To save any changes to your Workspace, click Update Workspace.
Delete a Workspace
To delete a Workspace, click the Delete Workspace button in the Workspace Settings page. Note that you can delete a Workspace only if there are no active Deployments in the Workspace.